What I been working on…

I have been working new update for Find My Car. This update is a complete overhaul of the entire application.

The biggest changes are to the User Interface (UI). I have updated Find My Car over to the new android standards to provide a more intuitive UI. The new UI has a new swipe-able tabbed layout. Find My Car starts out displaying the map and location information to the user, if you swipe to the left you will have the walking directions, or if you swipe to the right you will have your notes. At the bottom of the map is the new button bar that contains frequently used options. These options are: My Location, Mark Car, Show Car, Parking Timer, and Navigation.

Among all the major UI changes we have also included a location engine update, navigation performance boost, and a much needed code overhaul. I have removed most of the redundant code, and moved most of the work outside of the UI thread. I also switched the navigation feature from parsing xml to JSON, allowing for faster results than the previous version. The overhaul has increased Find My Car’s speed performance scientifically, especially on legacy devices.

The other thing I have been working on is an application call AutoPlayer. It is a super simple program that allows you to program your Android powered device to start a specific application and set the music volume level upon plugging in your headphones, speakers, ect…

Leave a Reply